Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hockey Night

Last night, my cousin and I went to cheer on our local hockey team, the Everett Silvertips. My boss' boss' boss had some extra tickets and told me they were first come, first serve. Amazingly enough, I got there first!! We had a lot of fun and learned a lot about hockey.

  • Hockey players like to confuse everyone by entering and leaving the ice whenever they want.
  • Hockey Fans are more violent then the players-there is nothing they won't do to encourage a good fight between players.
  • A blatant chop to the neck with your stick is not a foul.
  • Hockey can be stretched out like no other sport...not even football has anything on hockey. if there is 1.3 seconds on the clock expect that game to last for at least 10 more minutes.
  • Hockey players spend more time taking breaks then playing the game.
Those are just some of the things I learned last night. Here are some of the pictures I took:

Cousin and I chillin in our seats...we were right behind the goal about 6 rows back. We had a pretty good view of everything and feared for our life a few times when a shot towards the goal went astray. But they have nets and stuff up to protect you from that sort of thing.

Just some of the action packed night we enjoyed. The 'Tips, as they're known to the folks around here, came really close to making a spectacular comeback, but it was too little, too late. They ended up losing 3-4. Tough break for the Tips. It was a really fun night for us, but I feel bad for all those disappointed fans...not one real fight the entire night. It's ok...there's always next time!

No comments: