Monday, May 24, 2010

The Music Man

This last weekend my parents played in the orchestra for Bothell High School's production of "The Music Man" which was really good. There's Dad in the back, you can see the focus and intensity in his eyes. Well not really....it's too dark for that, but since only the trombones are playing right now you can tell that this was a very important part of the show. And here's Mom!!! Just look at her a-fiddlin'!!! I was really proud of Mom for doing this cause she only plays her violin maybe once a year at Christmas, and most years, not even then (there are way too many yummy Christmas cookies to be made to have time for violins) :) Not only was this the first time in a long time she has played with a group, the music was very hard. So she practiced a lot!! And it was worth it. The violin section sounded great!!! Way to go Mom and Dad!!!

It was so fun to watch them play and be a part of something this big, especially for my mom. Dad plays in his band, The Moonlight Swing Orchestra, but they perform all the time, so I give my mom a giant "Hit that!!" for her hard work and dedication!! Good job Mom and Dad!!! I love you!!!

No comments: